Contra Costa College (正规买球APP) is the oldest and most diverse of the three colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District. A proud Hispanic Serving Institution, serving predominantly Latinx, African American and Asian students, 正规买球APP is situated in a socioeconomically diverse, resilient and culturally vibrant community. The college is located on 83 acres of a beautiful, naturally landscaped site accentuated by Wildcat Creek running through the rolling hills of San Pablo and Richmond. Since opening in 1949, 正规买球APP has provided exemplary educational services as the only institution of higher education in the West County area. 正规买球APP serves over 7,000 students each year, with superior faculty and staff dedicated to creating a premier learning environment. Both 正规买球APP and the District take great pride in their effective participatory governance structures and processes.
In the last two years, the new Science Center, remodeled Athletics Complex and new campus Safety Center have all opened to the public. The campus has a new college center that opened in the fall of 2016. Students now enjoy a new activities building that houses all student functions, a bookstore, and a new facility for the culinary arts program that contains a dining center. The campus center also includes a new classroom building and a community hall, and there are new campus administration spaces as well. The Applied Arts Building was renovated in the fall of 2018.
正规买球APP has been recognized for many of its academic and career education programs locally, statewide and nationally. The Center for Science Excellence, a mentoring program providing a solid foundation in the sciences, mathematics and engineering, as well as transfer preparation, is funded through multiple grants including the National Science Foundation. Most recently, the college received a second Title III, part F HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution) STEM grant to continue the goal of increasing the number of students from under-resourced communities in the fields of science, technology and math.
One of the fastest growing curricula is that of “green energy” programs. The Career Education (CE) experience at 正规买球APP is notable for the Electric/Hybrid Automotive Technology Program and offers the only Hybrid Technician Certification in the Bay Area.
The Culinary Arts Program has also become one of the signature, job-training programs on campus. The program operates the elegant Aqua Terra Restaurant and hosts an annual Food and Wine fundraising event that has enabled 正规买球APP students to travel to Italy, China and France to study with notable chefs.
Other premier programs include:
- Journalism: 正规买球APP continues to be a leader in journalism, with its college newspaper, The Advocate, winning state and national honors for excellence.
- Nursing: One of the oldest CE programs on campus, responsible for preparing many local health professionals for careers throughout the Bay Area.
- Metas: A mentoring and an academic support system that deals with issues in the Latinx community. The program model is a national pedagogy that assists students (one-on-one) to achieve their personal and career goals.
- African American Male Leadership: African American male students participate in a “Speakers Bureau” on campus to advance their aspirations of a positive future. The students interact with successful African American male businessmen, professionals, and other role models associated with the national organization of 100 Black Men of the Bay Area.
- Speech and Debate: 正规买球APP’s team participates and garners awards in competitions throughout the state and nationally.
- Middle College High School (MCHS): MCHS, housed on the 正规买球APP campus, has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School and a California Distinguished School.
- International Education: 正规买球APP’s international education program now serves students from 11 countries.
正规买球APP affirms that all individuals have inherent worth and dignity and are entitled to develop their full potential. The college is an integral part of the greater community and serves as a model of excellence providing education to help its students fulfill their dreams. The college maintains that its students will enjoy an improved quality of life, that communities will prosper economically and socially, and that families and neighborhoods will be strengthened when residents share a commitment to lifelong learning.